Safety Culture Resources
Documents on safety culture including: safety culture one page documents,literature reviews, safety culture reports, guides, and toolkits. Resources are organized by domain; please click on the link to the page you wish to view.
General Safety Culture Resources
- Safety Culture Overview
- Safety Culture Leadership
- Safety Culture Improvement
- Safety Culture and Safety Outcomes
- Safety Culture Composition
- Clarifying Terms & Misunderstandings
- Safety Culture Assessments
- Safety Culture Perception Surveys
- Comprehensive Assessment Methods
- Safety Culture Metrics
- Changing Minds Guide: A Practical Guide for Behavioural Change in the Oil and Gas Industry
Useful information on safety culture and behavioural change that is applicable not only to Oil & Gas, but to other industries as well.
- Strategies to Promote Safe Behaviour as Part of a Health and Safety Management System (Contract Research Report 430/2002)
- Health and Safety Laboratory: free white papers on safety culture, "Making the Case for Culture," available on request
Creating a Safety Culture (United States Department of Labor)
This source describes the reasoning behind developing a strong safety culture, the definition of safety culture, and how to build a safety culture within an organization.
- Overview of best practice in Organizational & Safety Culture (Offshore Helicopter Safety Inquiry Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada; Aerosafe Risk Management)
This report defines and describes safety culture and its different aspects. The report goes on to discuss how to develop a positive safety culture, the relationship between culture and risk management, and the role managers play in safety. The document also provides case studies as examples.